The core biblical and ethical issue with the Covid-19 vaccines (amongst other vaccines) is the fact that some of the vaccines make “use of cells from electively aborted fetuses for vaccine production“.
If you have considered this biblical and ethical issue, and wish to apply for religious exemption from mandatory vaccination mandates, we have gathered (and will update) templates that you can adapt for your individual situation. If you have other good examples of exemption letters or articles of a scholarly scientific or theological nature, please contact us so that we can add it to this post.
Examples and templates for religious exemption requests for Covid-19 mandatory vaccines:
- Vax Mandate Religious Exemption Template For College Students (Gab)
- Calvary Chapel Kaneohe – Religious Exemption Letter (jdfarag.org)
Supporting information to religious exemption letters:
- Resource list from jdfarag.org
- An Ethics Assessment of COVID-19 Vaccine Programs
- Coalition of Epidemic Preparedness Innovation. 2020. CEPI publishes analysis of COVID-19 vaccine development landscape. https://cepi.net/news_cepi/cepi-publishes-analysis-of-covid-19-vaccine-development-landscape/.
- Prentice, DA and Sander Lee, T. June 2020. A Visual Aid to Viral Infection and Vaccine Production. On Science Series 1. Accessed June 19, 2020 at: https://lozierinstitute.org/a-visual-aid-to-viral-infection-and-vaccine-production/
- Callaway, E. 2020. The race for coronavirus vaccines: a graphical guide. Nature 580: 576-577. doi: 10.1038/d41586-020-01221-y.
- Kovesdi, I. and Hedley, S. J. 2010. Adenoviral producer cells. Viruses 2(8): 1681-1703. doi: 10.3390/v2081681
- Kochanek, S. and Schiedner, G. 2003. Permanent amniocytic cell line, its production and use for the production of gene transfer vectors. USPTO US6558948B1.
- Watt, H. 27 April 2020. COVID-19 Vaccines and Use of Foetal Cell-lines. The Anscombe Bioethics Centre. Accessed May 4, 2020 at: http://www.bioethics.org.uk/images/user/covidbriefing2.pdf
- Statement from the Department of Health and Human Services, June 5, 2019, accessed February 19, 2020 at: https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2019/06/05/statement-from-the-department-of-health-and-human-services.html.
- BARDA’s rapidly-expanding COVID-19 medical countermeasure portfolio. 2020. Accessed June 19, 2020 at: https://www.medicalcountermeasures.gov/app/barda/coronavirus/COVID19.aspx.